This time of Year, we see all new season apples flourishing the market floor. Australian new season apples are a crowd favourite for all ages and industries. from the perfect snack to a delicious element in a fine dining dish, apples are and will continue to be a strong product in the world of Fruit and Veg.
Why it’s a good time of year?
- Royal Gala: March – September
- Fuji: April – October
- Pink Lady: May – February
- Granny Smith: April – February
- Kanzi: April – June
With popular varieties such as Fuji, Pink Lady, Royal Gala and Granny Smith you can be reassured this time of year is perfect eating quality with each variety delivering a delicious taste.
Taste: Flavour and cooking options
From the perfect snack to a delicious element in a fine dining dish, apples are and will continue to be a strong product in the world of Fruit and Veg. With each variety delivering a unique taste there are several ways it can be used in cooking.
- Royal Gala: Ideal for pies, sauces and salads
- Fuji: Great for salads and snacking
- Pink Lady: Delivering a firm, sweet and juicy flavour, excellent eaten fresh
- Granny Smith: Hard apple with a crisp tart flavour, perfect for baking
- Kanzi: Delivers a unique sweet and tangy flavour perfect eaten fresh
Where is it coming from?
- Batlow, New South Wales
- Shepperton, Victoria
An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Loaded with nutrients and vitamins, apples eaten whole and fresh aids in heart and gut health lowering your overall cholesterol. It has been scientifically studied and proven that eating more apples reduces the risk of stroke, hypertension and a diverse range of heart disease risk factors.